Thanks to Mike and Alex yesterday, the air ride cab is in and working properly. I managed to track down a couple air leaks, and Mike "detailed" the undercarriage a bot as well.
Pretty straight forward job. With a friend we had the job done in under 4 hours. We didn't rush and definitely screwed around / got sidetracked a bit.
We unbolted the cross member from the frame, the the cab support from the cross member. Once these were free from each other we used the 20 ton air jack to lift the cab 4" and used OSHA approved blocks to support it.
Then I swapped out the old mid bump stops for the new ones.
While I was doing that Mike dropped the old cross member and cab support out.
Then pulled the old rubber from the mid stops to use on the new rear bump stops
At some point I decided this would be easier with the drive line out of the way, I was right...
New cross member / cab support ready to go in
With very little persuasion we worked it in around the gas tank and got it bolted in.
Attached some misc. brackets that had to come off and that was done.
Now we used the jack again to lift the cab, remove the 4" blocks and set the cab down on the support.
With an airline added and a couple cycles up / down (by removing the leveling rod and manually moving the switch) we lined up the cab bolts and tightened everything down.
Last on the list was bolt in the new rear bump stops and we we're done.
With the exception of the drive line. No pictures of that as it took 3 people, 6 hands, a hammer, grease, and a miracle to get it back in...