A lot going on, but no progress really.
Since day one my Pro Street trans had made some "noise" and I knew it had to come out. I didn't want to mess with it until after my wedding (almost a year ago now) With a baby due (in less than a month now) I figured I should probably get my projects done before I didn't have time to do so.
I decided to pull the current engine and trans a month or so ago.
I sent the trans to be repaired and have the R&P along with he 4th switched out to match my Salesflap because it does so well cruising on the freeway.
While the 200+ hp engine was "cool" it turns out what I really wanted was a more "stock" engine I could hop in a go for long leisurely drives in with no hassles. I planned on buying another 1720cc Porsche engine but not having a core was not cost effective. So I toyed with the idea of using a more streetable 2276cc I had in my shop. I even went so far as to dress the engine to make sure the exhaust, shroud, etc. would fit and work.
Then I had a customer see it and want it for his bus project, so I *think* it's going away to him.
Back to square one.
Maybe I'd drop the compression in the 200hp engine, get rid of the SuperFlo heads and run these "regular" Street Eliminator heads instead...
Not sure that would really help out my situation though....
In the middle of all that I found a Thing with a well built engine, using quality parts for CHEAP.
I killed 2 birds with one stone there. Found a nice streetable engine for my 356, and found a birthday present (the Thing) for my wife.
I still need to sort out if the 2276cc is going in my customers bus. If so, I will do a full "redo" on a new shroud for the 356. I also need to build a replacement engine for the Thing so Amy can drive it. I promised her I wouldn't have it non-running for more than a couple days to do an engine swap / detail. I plan on keeping that promise.
Meanwhile I had another deal come up that I couldn't pass up on, but it's taken up a lot of my time.
So for now, my 356 is sitting in the corner, no engine, no trans, waiting......
Once I get the trans back I'll make it a roller.
Once I have some free time to build Amy a replacement engine for her Thing I'll pull the current engine out and install it.
See, a lot of action, but no progress....